American Wool Series

Saturday, April 6, 2013

FO: Audrey in Unst

 This sweater is an instant favorite! It fits seamlessly into my wardrobe and is light and lofty and easy to wear.
Pattern: Audrey in Unst by Gudrun Johnston
Yarn: Rowan Felted Tweed DK in Rage; #150
Needles: US #3, US#4, US #5 Hiya Hiya Sharp Interchangeables
Mods: There are only 30 rows of twisted rib at the bottom rather than 36 and I lengthened the body to 15 inches before splitting for the sleeves. After picking up for the sleeves I started the short rows seven stitches past the shoulder seam rather than 5; this fixed the pointyness of the sleeve cap that some people complained about in their project notes on Ravelry. The sleeve cuffs were knit using the same needles size as the rest of the sleeves (US #4) because my yarn has alpaca in it and I didn't want the cuffs to stretch out too much and become floppy. The neckline is finished with an i-cord bind off and some people had issues with the back of the neck rolling back toward the body of the sweater so I changed the rate of pick up for the back neck only - using the same 3 of 4 ratio as the rest of the neckline rather than the called-for 1 to 1. I'm wearing the size 42 bust which gives me -1" of ease and the cardigan looks good open or closed with no pulling or gaping at the bust when buttoned.

2 comments:

  1. Good lord it feels like you just started that sweater!! It looks great on you - every time I see someone mal that I want to cast on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow it looks great! the color is so versatile and your mods sound perfect. enjoy!

    ReplyDelete